Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 164 -- The Last Day of School

Today we greeted summer with open arms as Maddie finished her last day of school. She's a bit sad to see it come to an end. She's had so much fun with all of her friends and her wonderful teacher. She was selected to go and read part of the journal to the principal today because she had done such a good job with her writing. It was a very proud moment, with a great beaming smile on my daughter's face as she enjoyed the praise and a big hug. (I just happened to be in the office at the time so I got to see her reading it for everyone.)

One thing that this school does that I've not seen before -- on her report card that she brought home today, they put who her teacher will be for next year. She's got Mrs. Zito.

An entirely new adventure. We weren't even away from the bus stop before we were anticipating the beginning of the new year.

No comments: