The first night of the flood we needed comfort food --
what can beat strawberries dipped in chocolate?
We flooded on Tuesday. Jared rigged up two sump pumps with the help of a friend from church. Little John could not stay away from the water!
Both pumps were going full throttle --Tuesday we had 10 inches, Wednesday we were down to about 4 inches and Thursday we finally got below the one inch mark.
We hauled everything out of the basement thanks to the help of the missionaries and our home teacher. Many things had to go to the dumpster because they had been ruined. Others were sent to the dumpster because we just happy to have the excuse to get rid of them.
Friday, my dear friend Emily and the missionaries helped to rip out the carpet and carry it outside to dry. The carpet pad was so heavy! It was just full of water. I forgot to take a picture of the carpet on the driveway, just imagine.
Saturday, Jared ripped out the drywall, the insulation and started airing out the entire basement. We still have a small puddle seeping in, but it's really starting to dry.
Now we're just waiting for the water table to drop a little more before we start the repairs.

2 comments:
It looks like you are making progress. It also looks like lots of work for you.
I love the trees I can see in the pictures. Is it a wooded area?
Oh man. What a bummer. I can't believe how much water you guys took on. The exact same thing happened to 6 of our neighbors last summer. We just kept waiting for our turn but luckily our rambler is not so deep in the ground. Yikes. I hope things get back to normal soon.
Post a Comment