Maddalena, Chrissy and Maddalena's daughter
The famous Cranky Mary
When you are waiting outside, you are given a numbered ticket to order. The instant we went in the door, they called out our number and we were assigned a 'personal shopper' of sorts. There was no opportunity to look at the cases. No chance to debate over beautiful things. We were asked for our order at the front door without so much as a glance around. Luckily I had heard tales of this, and we had discussed in line what we would take home. Chrissy was great -- we had to make sure John had a flowered cupcake, and she was really great to help. It took about 50 minutes to get our baked goods and clothing. The chaos was really overwhelming. We all left the store happy we weren't employed there. If Buddy would listen, I would love to offer a few suggestions! I had budgeted $50 for treats. I ended up only spending $18 for two families because we just couldn't see to choose additional items. 
Chrissy, our personal shopper
John, eyeing the tasty treats
While in line, I was adamant that we would not be spending a fortune on shirts. One t-shirt each. Then we saw these hoodies, and in all the chaos, I forgot to even ask the price. Turns out they were $40 each. Oh well. The girls have loved them. They were so cute about everything. The hoodies provide a tangible memory. I hope it was money well spent. :)
After we left the bakery, we were starving. We drove in circles for blocks, searching for parking so that we could go to Panera. On the third round, a car vacated the perfect spot right in front of the restaurant. We just laughed and laughed -- great parking day for us!
We didn't sample the treats until we got home -- around 10 PM. They were all so good! I think everyone agreed that the cannoli was the best choice by far. I wish we had known about the chocolate dipped cannoli -- that would have been really fun to try.

No comments:
Post a Comment