Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 204 -- Nautilus & Mystic Pizza

We spent the morning at the Nautilus museum -- our third time in three weeks. Even though it was the third time, it was actually our best visit. They were having all kinds of learning experiences for the kids all free of charge. The kids built periscopes, played with Lego's and did a scavenger hunt throughout the museum. It was really fun for everyone.
After seeing the submarine, we decided to go over to Mystic Pizza for lunch. It was my first visit -- I was really surprised at how good it was and for such a reasonable price too. The only sad part was poor little John. He was fading fast. He just laid with his head in my hand and tried to rest while we ate.
The entire day he kept getting more and more dots on his head. At one point I counted 27 of them. I couldn't think of any explanation other than the dreaded chicken pox. With the dots in combination with the fever, I decided to take him to the doctor. Our wonderful pediatrician looked at him and said(I'll paraphrase here), the dots are feliculitis from the sunscreen and the fever is something else. Let's swab his throat. Sure enough -- strep. Good ol' strep. They swabbed Maddie just in case, but she's fine.

No comments: