Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 208 - Colchester Park

We had a great time playing at the park today. The kids tried the splash park for a bit, but it was just too cold! They all got dressed and played on the playground for quite a long time. Then we went to McDonald's and turned out they had an indoor playground! The kids ended up playing for almost three hours in total.

John-John is really improving in his physical skills. He's not afraid of any of the slides or park obstacles. Quite the feat for a 20-month-old. I just have to keep an eye on him because he thinks he can do everything that he sees the big kids do. Physically he could probably handle it, but his body just isn't big enough to stretch over spaces that the longer legs can reach.

I can't stop thinking about how to fix the dining room. I just can't justify the expensive table, as you know since I keep talking about tables. We went to Costco to see the table there one more time. It really is a good table. I'm concerned that we might be able to scratch the top though. I need to think some more. Also, it's a counter height. Would that bug me? I'm not sure. We sat at the table for a bit, trying to imagine what it would be like.
Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for a late dinner. Where we live, there really aren't that many restaurants. You have to drive about an hour to find all the major places. So, we took advantage of being in New Haven and enjoyed the evening out with the kids. I have to say -- they were great. John kept hugging Jared in a state of bliss. It was really cute. The little man did wet through his diaper and needed to be changed after we left. Seriously! He can't go two hours without a diaper change. He's always soaking through his clothes.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a sweet picture of Daddy and Son. Little John is adorable.