John didn't know he was getting the shaft -- he truly didn't. He loves his crib! He had a Thomas the train tent, matchbox cars, army 'guys', pillows, blankets and other sundry items in there. He was happy to play for hours and would often ask to go to bed. We were afraid to tempt fate and move him to a big boy bed. 



But, since he's three-years-old, we decided it was time to take the wall off of his crib and let him grow up a little. I'm glad we waited this long -- he's been so cute about his new freedom, and we haven't really had any trouble at all. OK, maybe a little trouble, he likes to throw his empty chocolate milk cups down the stairs and cry out, "Another chocolate milk please!" and then run back to bed. It can really scare you to death when it's been silent up there for at least a half an hour and you thought your children were sleeping, quietly tucked in their beds.
Oh, and then there was this morning, when I was frantically trying to get the kids in the car to run Maddie to school. I shouted from the bottom of the stairs, to ask John if he wanted a 'cookie pancake' (waffle) to eat in the car. He shouted, "NOT YET! I SLEEP!" and then locked his bedroom door and climbed back into bed. 
Oh well. I guess it's good he still likes the bed!

1 comment:
What a kid! I'm glad he's enjoying his new bed. They sure are growing up.
Post a Comment