About a year ago, John found some party favors in the hall closet. Each bag included about 3-4 army men. He gathered them up -- a total of about twelve little blue army men, and started calling them his 'guys.' He took them everywhere. These poor measly dollar store 'guys' have been with us for months. I mean everywhere -- the grocery store, the Y, school, restaurants. You name it, if John has gone there, so have THE GUYS. In fact, if we took attendance at church for THE GUYS, they would be some of the most active members of our congregation. I don't think they've missed a Sunday since the summer!
But, the poor blue army men started to loose limbs, guns and just looked so very sad all around. In an attempt to win our son's heart, we got him some new green GUYS for his birthday. Fifty of them. Now, you would think with 50 guys, John would pick a few favorites. Nope -- he has inventoried every GUY and knows if one is missing. Then the whole family has to go on the hunt for that lost sheep of a GUY. We now take ALL of THE GUYS in a plastic baggie with us to most places. Once in a while I can convince John to choose one of every kind and just take those few.
Monday was too cold to go anywhere, so John had a bath with THE GUYS. It was a great chance for me to practice some indoor photography without the flash. I'm working on it --it's a learning process though. Some pictures are better than others, but they really let John's personality shine through.

3 comments:
Oh what a cute little man. I love the photos. Can't help but see maddie in his face. sigh...
Love the pictures! Will be interesting to see how long the blue guys are part of the family!
Darcy, your story made my day. What a precious little son you have. The pictures really capture his enthusiasm, and I loved the way you told the story!
Post a Comment