Well, as we drove into Hoboken, we shouted out, counting down the streets to get to Carlo's Bakery. The kids were so excited!!!
Upon our arrival, we found a HUGE line, and no parking. All the parking on the street is two hour, metered parking.
Luckily, I have a handicapped sticker from my foot surgery, and we found the only handicapped parking space on the street. I worried and fretted for hours that I had done something illegal or incorrect by parking there.
We crossed the street and walked for some time before finding the end of the line. We joined up with the line at exactly 12:00 PM. Then we did a lot of this.....
For about four and a half hours on one very long city block we waited in that line. (Don't worry, that wasn't our total wait time. That was just one block.)
We waited.... and waited.... and waited.....
But, all the people in line were wonderful. I couldn't have made it without the great people that held our spot while I ran to check on the car, took the kids to go to the bathroom and got pizza. One family even brought us back Dunkin' Doughnuts so that the kids could last longer.
We were surrounded by people from Virginia, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and a thousand other places.
At about 4:20 PM (four hours and twenty minutes in line)we finally could see the promised land -- the block where Carlo's Bakery resides. You can see there is still more line to go.....
More to come.....

No comments:
Post a Comment