Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 17 -- New Teeth


Yesterday at the lab party, we let John stay up way too late. He was about two hours late getting to bed, but we had to get up on time for church today. He's getting four new teeth. Tired, cranky and teeth do not go well together. Even Tylenol hasn't taken the edge off today. He walked around church whining, crying and just general malaise. He'd periodically throw his head back and just start to cry. It was so sad! He's usually the happiest kid on the planet.

When we got home from church, I fed him a good solid lunch. You know the average meal for a one year old -- one hot dog, one ounce of cheese, 3 pieces of broccoli, 8 to 10 crackers, 15 grapes all cut up so he won't choke, and 1/2 a chocolate chip cookie.
After all that, he ran around for about 15 minutes and was ready to go to sleep. I put him down at 2:30. At 6:15 I heard sounds coming from his room, so I ran up the stairs to get him. He must have been talking in his sleep -- UGH! When I opened the door, he woke up and just started screaming. I had to rock him for a while to get him to calm down again. Poor guy! He's had a bad day! So, today's picture is John whining.

1 comment:

Vee said...

Poor kid. That is no fun for anybody. Our church is from 1-4 right during Bug's naptime, and I hate it! It makes for one ornery 1 year old as well. Hope he's doing better tomorrow.