
I got to be a
chaperon for Maddie's Kindergarten day at the zoo. I had her good friends Emma and Daniel to take around with me. John tagged along. He was really content in the stroller all day. I had handed him a water bottle early on, and he just sat drinking it for hours. While the older kids kept complaining that it was too hot, John just sat happily. It wasn't until I unloaded him to go back into the car that I discovered he had been sucking the water up the straw and then spitting it all over himself to stay cool. He was drenched! No wonder he was happy -- he was the only one that wasn't falling over from the heat!

We loved watching the giraffe eat -- he was just a few feet away.
By the end of the day I couldn't get Maddie to look at the camera. She was too busy watching all of her friends.
We ended up having a great time -- I'm really glad I got to go with them and be a part of such a fun field trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment