In Walmart tonight, I was shopping for some Advil. Honest to goodnes truth -- Advil. Three or four feet to my left, Maddie loudly says, "Mom, what does Cherry Flavored Edible Intimate Lubricant mean? It's sugar-free."
Sure it was advil there Darce!! Funny story and those are some big words. I'm kind of glad Sydney's still learning how to read. I think we'll stick to the basics for awhile. We miss you guys!
So I've been thinking about this one. Often we think a kid can read when she has merely memorized a word or phrase she sees frequently. That's probably what happened in this case. Keep her out of your nightstand! heehee! =)
CVS = $960.50 Target = $9.00 Wal-Mart = $96.72 Stop & Shop = $157.85 AC Moore = $50.04 Costco = $56.00 A & P = $347.92 McDonald's = $12.00 Babies R Us = $39 Shutterfly = $97.97 JC Penny = $20.46 JoAnns = $70.39 Entertainment = $12.00 Wendys = $6.00 ___________________ Grand Total = $1,935.85 Started using coupons on 6/4/08
10 comments:
Yep. she can read! What did you say?
That is hilarious!
LOL...I am with Brookeh - how did you respond to that one? :o)
Maybe you should have gone with How to Teach your Child to Read in 200 Easy Lessons instead of 100. No more Advil aisle for your family huh?
Kids will do that to you every time. At least it wasn't in your cart and she asked in front of the checkout people!
Wow. How on earth did you answer that question?!
Sure it was advil there Darce!! Funny story and those are some big words. I'm kind of glad Sydney's still learning how to read. I think we'll stick to the basics for awhile. We miss you guys!
You cannot be serious. I would have died right there in that isle if it were me, or at least found the nearest exit! So funny.
Should I be giggling so hard? If I were you, I would be crying at this point.
So I've been thinking about this one. Often we think a kid can read when she has merely memorized a word or phrase she sees frequently. That's probably what happened in this case. Keep her out of your nightstand! heehee! =)
Post a Comment