Thursday, September 4, 2008

Reasons to enjoy....

OK, so I'll be the first to admit I wasn't thrilled to be sending my daughter to kindergarten. (And yeah, this post is going to make it up before her first day at school pictures, sorry!)

I really like her, I like spending time with her and I don't want her to grow up. But, in the last week, I've discovered several reasons to enjoy this new adventure of ours. They are not limited to, but include:
  • Naps. I get a nap!
  • The computer to myself
  • Listening to talk radio(no censoring necessary)
  • Licking the bowl clean by myself
  • Cleaning -- yep! I can clean the house!
  • Walks -- with John in the stroller, I can go for walks again
  • One child shopping -- did I mention he can't ask for anything yet?
  • Quiet. Oh, how I love quiet.
  • She wants to see us when she comes home! It's not all talk about finding a friend for the afternoon, she wants to be with us. I'm not sure how long this one will last, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
  • Tasty dinners -- I am getting ahead on my to do list enough that I'm actually cooking dinner. Good dinner.
  • Early bedtimes for kiddies
  • Getting up and getting going -- she forces me up and since I have to take her to the bus, I also have to be dressed.
  • But, most of all, she's just happy. She loves school and wants to be there. It's so fun to see her learning and growing and yes, even growing up. She was so ready, it's good to see good things happening for her.

5 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

Boy, if there's that big of a difference for you with her gone, then you pay a lot more attention to her when she's home than I pay to my kids. Shhh. Don't tell them. =)

So glad she's enjoying school. I asked her what she learned and she told me there's two snack times. Important thing to learn. As long as they don't ask her what she read on her summer vacation, you're good. Hee hee.

Brookeh said...

Congrats! That's a big day for mom. I can't wait for my turn. I get a small glimpse with preschool I guess. So that is good. Give Maddie a big hug for me. Maggie misses her.

enginerd said...

It's fun to watch kids learn. And the naps are definite bonus!

Roemmele Family said...

You are making me jealous! :o) I love that she loves to come home to you guys. What a great pay day for you as a mom!

Emma Jo said...

Ditto to everything you just said...having a structured schedule dictated by someone else is a good thing for us. We've eaten better dinners than we have in a while...wish I could say my house was cleaner and I also wish I could say I was getting more naps. Yeah for Mads!..whoa, I just noticed my hubby commented, impressive.