Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Maddie!

I can't believe she's six. It's gone by so fast! I guess I only get to give six wonderful things about my little girl, but I could give a thousand. Here are my favorite six:

1-- Sings. Sings. Sings. She sings more than the singing bush from Three Amigos. She is always singing. I can hear her up and down the neighborhood, riding her bike, singing a song. It always makes me smile.
2-- Femininity. She's got so much! She always wants to look her best, have on jewelry, lip gloss and a fancy dress. For her birthday, she's going to dress up so we can go out to dinner at the restaurant of her choosing -- Denny's.
3 -- Smarts. She is so smart it scares me. She reads everything, understands everything and has incredibly complex follow up questions.
4 -- Kind. Maddie is always looking out for everyone's feelings. She wants to involve everyone and help them to have fun too. She's always making new friends and meeting new people.
5 -- Inventive. She's always got a new story, game or idea. If something doesn't work out the way we had planned, she'll always come up with some other idea that can work just as well.
6 -- Determined. When Maddie wants something, nothing gets in her way. She can move mountains with her determination.
I love my little girl so much. I feel so blessed to have her in our lives. She's one of the greatest gifts I'll ever receive in life. She makes every day better just by being around.

I know that all children are cherished, but when after fighting for two and a half years just to get pregnant, and then struggling through the pregnancy, I'll never forget the moment when I knew she was here and safe and OK. I was filled with such joy. She's never done anything to tarnish that feeling. It just grows everyday. I love you Maddie!
Here's her kindergarten class singing to her today:

5 comments:

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Very sweet. Happy birthday Maddie.

Vee said...

It's soo true. Maddie you do have all of those things and you share them with everyone. I've always been impressed with how kind, smart, inventive, and determined girl you are. Happy Birthday Maddie!! I hope you had fun.

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! She is such a sweet little girl. I wish we lived closer. I know that her and Savannah would be the best of friends.

Roemmele Family said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!!

PS...Darcy I like this idea of sharing for their birthday. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea for my blog on my kids birthday's.