
I have no idea how it happened. One moment I was talking to Maddie, pointing to the waspy-thing I had just sucked into the hand-vac.
The next thing I knew I was rolling end over end down the stairs. All the way from top to bottom -- 15 stairs. There is a giant streak on the wall about 3 feet above the carpet where my tennis shoes raked the paint. New paint required. I broke 5 posts on the railing with some part of my body -- I think my head. Five new posts, new paint and some kind of new knowledge required to put that back together.
My only injuries are a big bump on the noggin, a twisted ankle and some scraped skin off my hands and shins. I can't believe I didn't break something. Sometimes blessings come in the strangest ways -- today I feel blessed just to be in one piece.
I was alone with the kids today -- Maddie watched the whole thing screaming at the top of her lungs. It really freaked her out. She wasn't the only one. But, I have to say, I was pretty ticked off that the vacuum broke into a bunch of pieces on the way down, scattering the contents everywhere. That darn waspy-thing was still alive. You can be very sure I stepped on him until his life was over. Darn bug.

8 comments:
Wow, I'm glad you are all in one piece! That makes my back hurt just thinking about it.
Wow- you had time during your fall to take a picture for you blog- that is seriously impressive!
;)
I'm so glad you are ok. I love that you got the wasp. I think I would have left the house. Wow, I'm a wimp!
I did trap a hobo the other day and starved it to death. Yeah I was pretty proud.
Wow, that was some spectacular fall. No broken bones? Even more spectacular.
I am really glad you're ok. I was afraid one of your kids fell through that hole so I am relieved it was you that broke it, not them and that you're fine. Scary stuff.
I still can't believe that. It's terrifying...and I'm thinking it's a lucky thing that you didn't somehow impale yourself on one of those broken spindles...geez.
I'm glad you're okay, that sounds like a pretty bad fall!
I love the video on your blog of John laughing! You're right, you can't help but laugh with him.
My goodness! I am glad you are okay and that you were able to boogy and get down at the Trunk or Treat the other night even though you had this fall. :o)
Post a Comment