Last night, after working about 8 hours to make three signs, I begged Jared to help me finish. He noted, "Why do Dirk's projects always sound so great in the beginning?"
We both agree that in the end, they turn out to be a huge pain in the *$&%^(%. I'm still not finished with the job -- four more signs to go. I have to say I'm grateful for the chance to earn a little money, it always comes in handy. It's also a great teaching tool for my kids -- Maddie keeps asking if I've done enough work to earn what I want to buy. She's even offered some of her money to help :). I think in the long run that might be the best benefit of my taking odd jobs.....
But someday, when I've saved up enough $$ from my blood(yes blood -- you obviously don't sew if you don't believe I bleed when I work), sweat and tears, hopefully I won't have to work too much in front of our new TV.
Who knows when we'll get the TV, but I'm still hoping! And working.

No comments:
Post a Comment