Monday, March 22, 2010

Hit by a truck

OK. So none of us has been hit by a truck -- it just feels like it.

This post may be more information than you'll ever want to know about our family's medical history, so feel free to skip it if you choose. I just want to document it now so that a few months from now when it's a distant memory, I can look back and laugh about it.

First Maddie had a terrible stomach flu. There was major clean-up and a very sick girl. It lasted for about two days. That was Monday and Tuesday.

On Thursday, I tore the ligament that runs along the bottom of my right foot. I was just walking down the stairs and POP! I heard and felt it just snap. It was awful. I cried for about an hour. During that time, I was so mad, I ripped a towel rack off the wall and made a great big hole in the drywall. Jared has been kind enough to repair the damages.

Friday, I got the same stomach flu. Bad. Very bad. It took about three days for me to recover. I couldn't walk at all -- this led to some perilous moments as I tried to rush through the house hobbling to and fro.

After recovering from the flu, I finally got to see the foot doctor and he says that I should be grateful for the tear -- it probably saved me from having foot surgery. Yahoo! No surgery. But, he has instructed me to stay off it for 30 days. I would have needed a cast, but my orthotics are mini-casts and will do just fine. Yahoo! No cast!

Then, Little John had double ear infections and was put on antibiotics. They have fixed the ears, but caused the digestive track problems previously mentioned in another post.

Now, I have a cold. Because of my asthma I can't breathe. I'm waiting for the doctor to call in a prescription for antibiotics to help me get over it.

In the good news category -- I love that spring is here. We're starting to think about planting the garden, vacations and summer plans.

I can't wait for these diseases to disappear so that we all feel like getting outside and enjoying the sunshine. Basking in the warm sun sounds so good right now!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oh, Darcy, I am sorry. You have had a bad time of it. I broke my ankle a few years ago and couldn't put any weight on that foot at all. I can't remember a longer five weeks.
We have little signs of spring also. How welcome it is!