He held up a letter and did his little hand gesture with his little garbled, "What is it?" and then handed it to me.
I obviously realized that he wanted to learn the letters. He would hand one to me and ask it's name. I'd tell him. We went through his stack several times. He can recognize M, A, O and sometimes T and S. The funny thing is that he can't really say the names of most of the letters. I'll say "C" and he'll say "bupirty" or something that sounds nothing like a "C". But, he thinks he's said the right thing and will ask for the next letter.
In everything in life, he will not allow us to leave him out of things, and he obviously recognizes that we know letters he doesn't yet understand. What a boy. Soon, it'll be demanding to read. I thought it would be a lot longer before I'd be back teaching these things again.
But, almost as interestingly, the boy's style will not be held back as well. He's invented his own wrist warmers, and will not take it off for any reason. Enjoy!

1 comment:
He's a styling dude!
Post a Comment