Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a sign

This morning Little John slept in. Yahoo -- I'm hoping to meet some friends for lunch, and if he slept in, then I could push his nap back an hour or two. Thus, mom gets what she wants and boy gets sleep. Everyone would have been a winner.

But...

This is what I heard when John woke up this morning --

"MOM! Uh, oh! Mess! Mom! I need bath! Mess! Mess!"

I hustled. Any mom with a two-year-old boy that thinks something is a mess would hustle. They don't consider anything a mess.

You can thank me later that this post does not include pictures. Some of you that are not mothers might want to skip the rest of the gory details.

His clothes, the bedding, his favorite blanket, the crib rails, the wall all covered in an undesirable substance. I suddenly saw my wonderful lunch plans fly out the window. This was a sign -- DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD FOR A SIT-DOWN MEAL IN A PUBLIC PLACE -- it would be guaranteed to repeat.

My only question is, how did all of that undesirable substance only leave a passing trail in the diaper? How does that work? What freak of nature makes that happen?

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! I missed the joys of raising a boy; I really would have liked to have had one - minus the mess part.

Your little John is adorable. I am sure that his namesake is thrilled to have his name passed down to such a sweetheart.

Charlotte said...

Boys are just extremely talented that way (unfortunately). When I saw you'd posted I'd wondered why you hadn't come. My condolences.

jen said...

That stinks;)!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Hey, we had that once. Only we found the pile on the stairs, there were poopy footprints around the ottoman, and (the best part) Kent was awake and watching football the entire time.

Marla said...

Girlfriend, you ripped a towel rack of the wall???!!! For reals? That is actally, very, very funny!

But I am sorry for all your ills..sounds awful. I hope you guys are better soon. NOTHING worse than kids with the stomach flu.