Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 65 -- The First Park Visit

Today was monumental in Little John's life -- his first visit to the park. OK, he went to the park as an infant, but this was the first time he got to play on the stuff. It's been so cold here I haven't been taking him outside much. This was one of the warmest days of the year -- 45 degrees and breezy. We are so sick of winter we had to go anyway, cold or no cold.

When we got to the park, the first thing I did was put him in the swing.

Holy Cow! John HATES the swing! He just cried. I was laughing and taking pictures because it was just funny. I'm sorry, but after all the hours I spent arguing with Maddie that I would not push her in the swing any more, I just love the fact that he has no interested whatsoever! After I got a few good pictures, I did take him out and show him the other things around the park....

John loves the slide! He was so happy. He'd try to climb back up, and that was obviously unsuccessful, but eventually he did figure out the stairs and ....

sliding down on his tummy, just like he would the stairs at home. He did this loop countless times. Again and again and again. Until he found the dirt. He likes dirt too.
Maddie was able to play with friends, and for the first time she made it all the way across the monkey bars. Very big accomplishments!

In case you are wondering, yes, that is the ocean behind Maddie. If you look at the horizon in the picture, you can catch a glimpse of the island where Jared works.

2 comments:

Vee said...

Oh how I miss that park right now. And just hanging out on the beach with you guys. Fun memories.

Stephanie Saunders said...

That picture of him in the swing is awesome!