Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Still getting better....

Well, it's day three. John's still on the mend, but just a cranky little guy. He sat in my lap today for about half-an-hour, just watching me or the computer. Not his regular behavior. I gave him a nebulizer at 8 AM and one at 1 PM, just before his nap. We're supposed to be tapering off, but he was wheezing and breathing quickly. UGH! I'm ready to be done with the thing.

Our dear friends took Maddie for the day. She needed to get out of the house and away from me. She's been just dying to play with her CT friends since we got home. Thanks Lisa! I dropped her off at 10 AM and she stayed there for hours and hours -- I seriously owe babysitting swap for this one.

Jared gave his annual presentation on his lab work today. They have a funny tradition that you have to feed the crowd that attends your lecture -- two dozen doughnuts, one dozen bagels, 2 pounds of strawberries, and two gallons of juice. All that was left was a bit of juice. Jared said that the talk went well. He feels pretty good about it.

John slept for 3.5 hours this afternoon. YEAH! He woke up just as happy as can be. Other than the bum. Still a problem. He's started trying to do flips while on the changing table. It's a serious problem with poop flying off his cheeks. So, I strapped him in this afternoon -- crime against humanity! Oh, he was angry. He let me have it in his grunty, shouty babytalk.

We picked up Maddie at about 5:30 PM. Dinner was courtesy of Stouffers Lasagna and some frozen garlic bread.

We are having a tremendous bedtime battle -- tonight took almost two hours to finally get Maddie to sleep. We're idiots. We actually respond to all her questions and help her get what she wants. Well, it's a-changin' tomorrow!

Why? Well, Jared and I have started watching Hulu.com for funny tv shows. We like laying in bed, after the kids are asleep and using the laptop to catch a couple of episodes of The Office, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Maddie's influencing our tv time together. It must end!

No comments: