We started off by going to get my hair done. Connie is our good friend, and she's been doing hair in our family for four generations. It was great to see her and catch up on everything. I'll post pictures my new doo soon -- be prepared for change!
After we finished with my hair, I was hankering for a Caesar Salad from Fanny's Grill at the Homestead in Midway. It's one of my favorite places to eat. So, we drove an hour to go and get me a lovely meal. Maddie got to throw all of our bread, french fries and just about everything edible to the ducks nearby. We were next to the fence, and she would hurl the bread over with a big tennis, "hi-yah" with every toss. It was really fun. John had a great time sitting in a high chair, throwing spoons around. We sat there for about 90 minutes, just enjoying the peace and entertainment.
We stopped in at Mom & Dad's new house(just around the corner) to see if there had been any progress since Monday. Plants had been dropped off, and a new countertop installed. I talked with Kristie and got to wish her a happy birthday -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIE!
We decided to take Maddie to Zermatt to ride the carousel. She absolutely loves riding on the horses. She got to ride two separate times, once on a black horse, and once on a white horse. She had it to herself the second time, grinning all the while!
John is working on his crawling skills everywhere we go -- here it's on the cement next to the carousel.
We finished off the day by getting ice cream at Dairy Keen in Heber -- burnt almond fudge malts are one of my very favorite things in the whole wide world! Maddie played in the park in downtown Heber while Mom & I sat in the car's air conditioning and gobbled our malts. We stopped in at the Park City outlet mall on the way home to Sandy. John's pretty put-out he hasn't had a good nap, so he kept crying and calling out, "Bubba", "Mom" all the way home. It was so sad! But, as soon as we put him down on the floor at home, he was crawling all over, happy as could be.
We decided with all the gallivanting today, it would be best to just eat at home. The kids were so wiped out, I only got to eat half my dinner before they just demanded to be put to bed. After I was done putting them to bed, I just couldn't climb the stairs anymore. I put myself to bed and called it a day.





3 comments:
Having fun is the best way to get tired! It beats tired by cleaning or tired by running crazy errands!
Isn't it amazing how fast they crawl everywhere once they get the hang of it? I can't wait to see him crawl.
I love the closeup picture of John - that is my favorite face he makes.
I was too busy stressing you out today to mention that I really like your new hairdo. It looks great- I really like the color. I desperately need to get mine done!!
Post a Comment