I can't believe I didn't have my camera with me yesterday. You'll just have to read about it because I'm so proud I could burst!
Maddie went to swimming, and it was so amazing! It was like watching a different child in the water. She'll float for about 15 feet with her face under the water. She'll back float all on her own. She'll hold her breath under water for about 5 seconds.
Two months ago she wouldn't put her head in the water to wash her hair! She has progressed so far in just a few weeks, I wanted to stand and cheer as loud as I could! I was definitely teary eyed when the head instructor passed her off to go to level 3. She started level 2 a few weeks ago with 5 boys. The boys are still there and Maddie will move up next week.
I love the way this pool does things. You don't have to stay in a class for an entire session if you are ready to progress. The teacher for a class calls over the head instructor if she thinks a student is ready. The head instructor gives them the test and tells them right then that they're ready to move up. Nice, efficient and no time wasted! Love it!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am excited thatI found your blog, Darcy. Your children are adorable.
We spent some time at your parent's Midway home this week (Rosalie and Lynne as well). It's always fun to catch up on the happenings of all the families.
We were there when Kristie called in labor. I am happy everything went well in the delivery of her new baby girl.
Post a Comment