Thursday, February 26, 2009

BBQ Bacon Chicken

This is one of those recipes I often turn to for a quick fix meal. I usually have the ingredients on hand, and it's EXTREMELY tasty. It even passes the kid test in my house, which is truly saying something. I serve it with roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, or rice and corn.

I buy chicken breasts that are about 1 1/2 inches thick, so I usually slice them in half for this dish. The amount here feeds our family of four with a smidgen left over.

BBQ Bacon Chicken

4 strips cooked bacon, diced
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated

1. Place chicken in a baking dish.
2. Cover each breast with 2-3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
3. Crumble bacon and place on top of the chicken.
4. Top with cheese.
5. Bake covered for 35 minutes at 350. Remove cover and bake 5 minutes more.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

That does look fantastic. I will try to remember to add it to my menu next week.

Twinlinebackers said...

That's funny you posted this because I had the same thing on the same day! And today I made the leftovers into bbq pizza. I stole my "recipe" from Chili's. Is that where you got yours too?

Unknown said...

I got the recipe from Jared's aunt. She can't smell, as in she has no sense of smell, and so the recipes she cooks are always very flavorful. Every recipe she's given me has been a winner!