Thursday, February 5, 2009

Progress, definately progress

I'm not one of those women who has a baby and just bounces back. It seems to take forever for me to pull myself together again. I just don't have the strength to do all the things I used to do in a given day. Every muscle is weak. My brain is weak. My will-power is even weaker. All the daily chores seem to require extreme motivation to get any one item finished. It really takes a toll on my whole system.

However, today is the first day where I really feel like I've finally returned -- I'd give it a 75%. It's been 14 months and I'm finally back in the game.

I was able to get my floors cleaned, have a meeting with my fellow girl scout leader, take care of a very poopy baby, clean part of our "dirty room", pick up the house, make a dinner and even clean up the dinner. I washed the dishes, started the dishwasher and took a picture to document my progress. There aren't even stacks of things lurking around the corner! No hot spots! All of this was finished by 6:30 PM.

It helped that Jared and Maddie attempted to go to a cub scout pack meeting so that I could focus and get it all finished. But I still did it. All of it. I'm thrilled that I am to the point that I want to work on it all again. It's not drudgery, it's my job and I like it. Well kinda. You know what I mean.

I've even washed three loads of laundry. They are waiting to be folded on my bed. I guess it's on to that task before my TV addictions start at 9. I can't bear the thought of throwing all of those clean clothes on the floor when I've worked so hard all day. It's almost compelling. Almost.

3 comments:

Vee said...

You are absolutely amazing. But I have always known that. It's been almost five years since I started this "job" and I still have so many hot spots I can't count them all. Keep being amazing. I love you.

Charlotte said...

I feel that way about moving. I finally feel like I am getting back into my groove.

Plus, I was not exactly happy last night with my 24 cupcakes, 6 kids, moved bookclub, and missed school activity. Arg!!!!

Angie Helm Interiors said...

I hear ya. I was completely out of my groove for at least 6 months after Nate was born. I'm scared at how long it will take me this time with baby #3.

Its a good feeling to be back in the groove.