So, I'm going to go take some great advice:
The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty.... As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Second Counselor in the First Presidency
This excerpt was from a talk given by one of the leaders of my church. Today, I'm going to to take him up on the thoughts he developed here and go create something. It doesn't make much sense to work on a Christmas quilt in February, but it's the project that's been hanging over my head for about 5 years now -- time I finished it, February or not.

2 comments:
Advice from the first presidency is always a good idea! You're doing a great job Darcy- you are a great primary president and so good with the kids and I especially love how you share your testimony with them so often! Cheer up!
It's the February blahs --- Spring is coming ---- so my fellow quilt maker (who started with me those many years ago) finish that quilt and start a new one! I just finished the top for my latest children's book quilt (for baby Maggie) - based upon the country bunny and the little golden shoes- it makes me happy to look at it! Now on to quilting it - ugh
Post a Comment