In our ward at church I work in the primary. We are asking everyone in primary to read the Book of Mormon this year. Hopefully, their families will read right along with them. We've got a few incentives planned. I even taught a short lesson on Sunday to all the kids about reading their scriptures.
Even with all the encouragement I'm giving to others, I'm having a hard time remembering to do it myself. Maybe that's why I think it's so important that we work on it as a whole group, I'm not sure. A friend pointed out a scripture reading site that will actually email you the verses you would like to read based on your own goals. You create a login, set the pace, and it will email you the verses.
I love this part -- it won't email you the next group of verses until you click on the 'complete' button. You have to actually acknowledge the email, scroll through the verses -- read -- and click on the completed button. Then it tells you how close you are to finishing your goal.
Now, I recognize this might be just a bit lazy, OK a lot lazy, but if it gets the job done, where's the harm?
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds good to me. I like to keep the scriptures on our kitchen table where I KNOW I will see them because a girl's gotta eat, right? Now I just need some incentive program that involves a mallet whacking a reminder on my head every day, just for good measure.
I also find it funny that I was handing those flyers out last Saturday and didn't take one for ourselves. oops.
Post a Comment