Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 27 -- Cholesterol


One of the side effects of my ovarian disease is extremely high cholesterol. I decided it was time to start fighting the battle, and so for the past six months I've been working to reduce my cholesterol count. I started in August with a total count of 247. I've dropped down to 170 -- 77 points! Yipee!
I'm taking lipitor (only 10 mg), but we've also been switching to olive oil, whole grains and less whole eggs in our diet. The results are fantastic! I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Is it the PCOS? I wasn't aware that that could have an effect on your cholesterol. Congrats on the big drop!

Twinlinebackers said...

Wow. That's an incredible drop. Way to go Darcy!

Amanda said...

Awesome, congrats on such a huge drop! What a relief to know that you can alter diet and achieve such success.

Emma Jo said...

Oh my heavens, how am I so incredibly behind? I read all of them, just for the record, and am ready to copy down some recipes.